Composition Of IQAC
IQAC Team 2017-18
|1||Sri Prakash R Narang||Chairman of Planning & Development Board|
|2||Dr. M.Muninarayanappa||Professor & Dean, Department of Commerce and Management, Bangalore University.|
|3||Sri.Kiran Chawla||Industrial Expert, Director- Suraj Metal Industries Pvt|
|4||Dr.B.S.Srikanta||Chairperson & Principal|
|5||Prof.Asha.N||Vice Principal & IQAC Coordinator|
|6||Prof.Radhika E K||HOD - Computer Science|
|8||Prof.Roopa Anagod||HOD, Mathematics|
|9||Dr.Rahul Kavishwar||HOD, M.COM|
|10||Dr.Kariyanna S||HOD, Kannada|
|11||Mr.Subramanya Bhat||HOD ,Sanskrit|
|12||Dr. Ranjana Pillai||HOD, Hindi|
|14||Dr.Ramanand||Coordinator. Research Centre|
|15||Lt.Shankar||Physical Education Director|
|20||Mr. Siddarth||Student Representative|
|21||Mr. Kishan||Student Representative|
|22||Mr.Abdul Razak||Student Representative|
In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up gradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of an institution’s system and work towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions. The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post-accreditation phase of institutions. During the post-accreditation period, the IQAC will channelise the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
The guidelines provided in the following pages will facilitate the institution in the creation and operation of the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC). The work of the IQAC is the first step towards the internalization and institutionalization of quality enhancement. Its success depends upon the sense of belongingness and participation it can inculcate in all the constituents of the institution. It will not be yet another hierarchical structure or recordkeeping exercise in the institution; it will be a facilitative and participative voluntary system/unit/organ of the institution. The IQAC has the potential to become a vehicle for ushering in quality by working out intervention strategies to remove deficiencies and enhance quality. Quality circles in industries operate on similar lines.
The Primary aim of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality paraqmeters of higher education.
- Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for quality-related activities.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute
- To a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture NAAC for Quality and Excellence in Higher Education
- To the enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize many good practices
- To provide a sound basis for decision making to improve institutional functioning
- To act as a change agent in the institution
- To better internal communication.